Mindanao War no small joust

September 14, 2008

The ongoing war in Mindanao, in which the Moros have chosen to fight even during the Ramadan season is a clear indication of the severity of this conflict. The oldest war going on in Asia shows no indication of abating, not at all, and despite what several pols in the Manila government pleading with the Christian Mindanoans not to arm themselves  despite published reports of the atrocities being committed by the Moros, whatever faction they belong to, only serve to more clearly indicate their total ignorance of what is really going on down there.  Firstly, no Christian who wants to survive what seems to indicate a  bloody conflict will be stupid enough not to prepare for an oncoming ‘Made in Mindanao Tsunami’.  Neither do the families preparing for a possible Moro onslaught foolish enough not to know what is going on in their neighborhood, so wherever the government official got his information, it would be best for him to take a trip by bus down to Central Mindanao and give us a report from there. Without, of course, bringing his phalanx of bodyguards, who would last about 10 minutes in a firefight in the middle of Moro heartlland.

Here are some foreign reports about the situation in Mindanao.

—-
Explosion jolts Philippine market
September 14th, 2008 – 2:22 pm ICT by IANS –
ThaiIndian News

Manila, Sep 14 (Xinhua) An explosion, suspected to have been engineered by Islamist radicals, rocked a public market in a southern Philippine town Sunday but there was no immediate report of casualty, local media said. The blast, possibly caused by an improvised explosive device, occurred at a time when the Kiamba town market was almost closed for mid-day recess, GMA News network said quoting the mayor.

Authorities suspected the blast was planned by members of the radical Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), the country’s largest Muslim insurgent group.

The government has recently stepped up offensives against the MILF after peace talks broke down last month.

Related Stories

o Philippines rejects call to halt offensives against Muslim rebels – August 24, 2008
o Manila seeks to resume talks with Muslim rebels – March 12, 2008
o Philippine’s Muslim south to build its own security force – September 1, 2008
o Philippines, Muslim rebels reach breakthrough in peace talks – July 17, 2008
o Suspected militants kill seven Philippine troops in ambush – August 17, 2008
o Philippine Muslim rebels call for peace talks (Lead) – August 23, 2008
o Probe ordered on civilian deaths in Philippine military offensive – September 9, 2008
o 100 Muslim rebels killed in Philippine offensive: Army – August 23, 2008
o – June 13, 2008
o Britain to send experts to help peace talks in Philippines – May 3, 2008

Please browse through ThaiIndian.com  for more and to get full stories as listed above.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: